- The ocean reflects the sky which is blue.
- Plant and animal life and particles in the water help reflect the color blue.
- The observer’s eye absorbs only a minimal amount of scattered blue wavelengths, and this is what is reflected back to the eye.
An example of an ocean is the Atlantic.
An example of an ocean is a great amount of food at a buffet.
Origin of ocean
- Middle English occean from Old French from Latin ōceanus from Greek Ōkeanos the god Oceanus, a great river encircling the earth
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From the vocabulary word ocean, inspired by the fashionable French female name Océane.