Origin of nitty-grittyorigin, originally black slang: rhyming euphemism for shitty
Knowing the date, time and place of a party are an example of the nitty-gritty of planning a party.
Origin of nitty-grittyOrigin unknown
Uncertain, said to have been used at first by black jazz musicians, perhaps ultimately from reduplication nit and grits (finely ground corn), from Old English grytt, grytta (“coarse meal").
- Other than that, he, nor David Twohy have given many other nitty-gritty details about the film that is extremely highly anticipated by Riddick fans around the globe.
- Eliminating the nitty-gritty details - those pesky particles of oil, dirt and debris that have made a home on your face - is a job for a Deep Action cleanser.
- The first question you'll need to ask yourself, before you get caught up in all the nitty-gritty details, is whether you want a desktop or laptop computer.
- New fans might need more than just a basic refresher if they're really interested in learning all the nitty-gritty details!
- Ok, enough talk, it's time to get down to the fashion nitty-gritty.