- mean; contemptible
- depressed; blue: feeling lowdown
- Jazz earthy; funky: a lowdown blues
- The definition of lowdown is cruel or mean, or depressed.
An example of something lowdown is a taunting joke about someone's weight.
- Lowdown is defined as a slang term for inside or secret information.
An example of the lowdown is the latest high school gossip.
Slang the true, pertinent facts; esp., secret or inside information: with the
(comparative more lowdown, superlative most lowdown)
- Unfair; shameful.
- Lowdown tactics
- Prepaid cell phone reviews can give you the lowdown on phone selections, which company has the best rates, how great the help and support are with the company, which features are available, and more.
- The good news - or the bad news, if you hate spoilers - is that there is a long list of places where you can get the lowdown on who got the boot on Survivor.
- We've got the scoop on all the latest and greatest games for this innovative system, plus the lowdown on what accessories you'll need to pick up.
- You will also see a short blurb there about each retailer, so before you even take the time to visit the site, you'll get the lowdown.
- This way you'll be able to get lowdown before you purchase and you'll be able to relate your shopping experience to others.