Origin of newtMiddle English neute from (a)n eute from Old English efeta, eft
any of various small salamanders (family Salamandridae) that can live both on land and in water
Any of several small, often brightly colored, aquatic or semiaquatic salamanders of the family Salamandridae of North America and Eurasia that typically breed in water but spend part of their lives on land.
Origin of newtMiddle English neute from a neute alteration of an eute variant of evete from Old English efete
in red eft stage
- Newt having stirred Ripley's maternal instincts, it's the Battle of the Enraged Mothers.
- Soon it is down to Ripley, Newt, the android Bishop (played by Lance Henriksen) and Corporal Hicks (Michael Beihn, who also played soldier of the future Kyle Reese in Cameron's earlier Terminator) to get away.
- But the alien queen has hitched a ride on the landing craft, and just when Ripley and Newt have finished tucking the wounded Hicks into a hypersleep pod, she emerges to continue the battle.
- They also find a sole survivor, the small girl who goes by the nickname 'Newt' (played by Carrie Henn).
- Yet before they can effect their escape, Hicks is wounded and Newt is captured by the Queen Alien.