- Bible a sweet food miraculously provided for the Israelites in the wilderness: Ex. 16:14-36
- divine aid, spiritual sustenance, etc.
- anything badly needed that comes unexpectedly
- a sweet, gummy juice obtained from a European ash tree (Fraxinus ornus), formerly used as a laxative
- any of various similar substances exuded by certain plants and insects
Origin of mannaOld English from Ecclesiastical Late Latin from Ecclesiastical Greek from Aramaic mann? from Classical Hebrew (language) m?n, origin, originally , probably man hu, literally , what is it?