An example of a hump is a rounded mass on someone's back caused by a curve in the spine.
An example of hump is to walk bent over with the shoulders down.
An example of hump is to race through the day.
An example of hump is to have sex with someone.
- Such a lump resulting from kyphosis.
- The fleshy mass on the back of a camel.
The cat humped its back.
The C-47s could not make it over the Hump with a full load and full tanks.
- Past the worst or most difficult part or stage:.At last I'm over the hump on my term paper.
- Over the worst or most difficult part.
Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
Origin of hump
- Probably of Low German origin
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition