Origin of heartstringsorigin, originally , tendons or nerves formerly believed to brace the heart
The definition of heartstrings is an expression for the strong feelings connected to your heart.
An example of heartstrings is how a a puppy’s sad face at a animal shelter might make you feel sad.
deepest feelings or affections
- Some reality programs tug at heartstrings and make viewers feel warm and cozy.
- One thing remains the same: they'll tug your heartstrings and quite possibly never let go, almost like a first love.
- Whether you'd like to be inspired by a love poem, or tuck a poem inside a card or letter for a loved one, some of these French love poems will inevitably tear at your heartstrings as early as the first time that you read them.
- Often associated with romantic or family movies, emotional lines are remembered for more than just tugging on the heartstrings: they are also known for the characterization they provide to their characters.
- Find My Family was created by the same people behind Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and aimed to tug on the same heartstrings as the successful home improvement show.