Origin of haphazardhap + hazard
Things have been thrown in this closet in a haphazard way.
An example of haphazard is when you just throw your things all over the house when you come in at the end of the day instead of placing them in particular spots.
- She left her books standing precariously in a haphazard pile.
- I need a closet organizer to help me fix my haphazard mess of clothing.
- These forms never occur scattered haphazard over a region, but always in an orderly subordination depending on their mode of origin.
- The office looked like a haphazard jumble of cubicles and machines.
- When she realized she was running late, Rachel left a haphazard clutter of papers in the library.