- only partly baked
- not completely planned or thought out: a half-baked scheme
- having or showing little intelligence and experience
- Only partly baked.
- Informal a. Insufficiently thought out; ill-conceived: a half-baked scheme.b. Exhibiting a lack of good judgment or common sense: a half-baked visionary.
(comparative more halfbaked, superlative most halfbaked)
- Alternative spelling of half-baked.
(comparative more half-baked, superlative most half-baked)
- Used other than as an idiom: Partially cooked by heating in an oven.
- When the casserole is half-baked, take it out and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- (idiomatic, informal, frequently derisive) Incomplete; (of an idea or scheme) not fully planned or carefully considered, ill-conceived, unsound or badly thought-out; (of a person) foolish or having no common sense.
- The guy had some half-baked idea for getting rich in the stock market.
half- + baked