- the person in whose honor a festivity or ceremony is held
- a guest attending a festivity or ceremony by special invitation
guest of honorguest of honor
The definition of a guest of honor is a person for whom an event was planned or a person who an event celebrates.
An example of a guest of honor is the graduate at a graduation party.
guest of honor
- Another popular activity that can take the place of a baby shower game is to invite each guest to relate one favorite memory that she has of the guest-of-honor.
- Most moms prefer the lapel style simply because the corsage will be out of the way while the guest-of-honor opens all of her shower gifts.
- Corsages you create yourself will give pleasure to the guest-of-honor and those who surround her in this wonderful time of celebration.
- Give each guest a pair of socks, and invite them to eat the candy, then give the socks to the guest-of-honor!
- If your guest-of-honor is uncomfortable, it will be difficult to host an enjoyable shower!