- A burial ground; a cemetery.
- A place where worn-out or obsolete objects are kept: an automobile graveyard.
- The graveyard was probably the cemetery of Hammath.
- The room was as still as a graveyard despite the dozen Guardians there.
- The rain had stopped, and the landscape around the graveyard was dotted with reflective pools.
- 1892); and Wesley's Chapel, City Road, in the graveyard of which is the tomb of John Wesley; his house, which adjoins the chapel, being open as a memorial museum.
- He was buried in the graveyard of the meeting-house of the Society of Friends in Rochdale.