- a person or thing that glides
- a heavier-than-air aircraft without an engine, using airflow to produce free flight
- a porch seat suspended in a frame so that it can glide or swing back and forth
- A light engineless aircraft designed to glide after being towed aloft or launched from a catapult.
- A swinging sofa, bench, or chair suspended from a vertical frame.
- A device that aids gliding.
- Any of several arboreal marsupials that glide through the air by extending large folds of skin on the sides of the body between the forelegs and the hind legs, especially a flying phalanger.
- Any heavier-than-air aircraft optimised for unpowered flight; a sailplane.
- A pilot of glider aircraft.
- Anything that glides, especially an animal or aircraft.
- (mathematics) In the Game of Life cellular automaton, a particular configuration of five cells that recurs periodically at fixed offsets and appears to "walk" across the grid.
- A kind of garden swing.
glide + -er
- A nursery glider also offers an easy range of motion, requiring only a gentle push of the foot to set it rocking to and fro.
- The rockers may be hidden beneath an armchair style like the Thompson Glider by Dwell Studio, or they may be a part of the design in a sleeker, European style like the Nurseryworks Storetime Rocker.
- If you are investing a lot of money in a nursery glider or rocker, you might want to purchase one that will function well in another room once your baby has become a young man or woman.
- Finding cushions to fit a glider rocking chair shouldn't be a problem, but if for some reason you can't find ones that work with your chair, you can always have some custom made.
- Finish off the room by selecting a kids glider and ottoman and choosing one of the many bedding sets are that are available for both boys and girls.