An airplane is one example of an aircraft.
The definition of an aircraft is a vehicle used for traveling through the air.
An airplane and a helicopter are each an example of an aircraft.
any structure or machine designed to travel through the air, whether heavier or lighter than air; airplane, airship, balloon, helicopter, etc.
A machine or device, such as an airplane, helicopter, glider, or dirigible, capable of atmospheric flight.
- The nonstandard plural form aircrafts is in use among non-native speakers of English.
- As a flight simulation game with clear military intonations, Dropship: United Peace Force grants you the opportunity to pilot all sorts of powerful multi-purpose aircraft, most of which provide vertical takeoff and landing capabilities.
- Whether you're interested in working on a cruise ship, flying an aircraft, becoming an information technology, or pursuing just about any other occupation, you're sure to find information that can help you make up your mind.
- This time there was no preliminary bombardment but aircraft were cooperating.
- The trip between Baltimore and Norfolk was in a much smaller aircraft than the first leg of the journey.
- Breathing deeply, she closed her eyes as the pilot maneuvered the aircraft sideways, up and down.