The definition of a geologist is a person who studies the history of the earth through rocks and rock formations.
A person who uncovers rocks from the earth's core and who studies those rocks to try to understand them and what lived there is an example of a geologist.
a specialist in geology
- The geologist and the trained archaeologist are associated.
- C. White, state geologist of Wells.
- Perkins, Reports of the State Geologist, especially vols.
- For geology and mineral resources consult the Reports of the New York State Geologist and the Bulletins of the New York State Museum.
- Brown (1831); and it was first mapped by the writer (1855), whose map was revised by John Collett, state geologist (1878).