Origin of gangstersee -ster
An old style gangster.
The definition of a gangster is a criminal who is a member of an organized gang or crime ring.
A man in the street gang The Bloods is an example of a gangster.
- A member of an organized group of criminals; a racketeer.
- A member of a gang of delinquents.
- There are songs from such people as Missy Elliot (Lose Control), Gwen Stefani (Hollaback Girl), Beck (Black Tambourine), Fatboy Slim (Gangster Trippin), and Hoobastank (Born To Lead).
- In addition to the accounts of President Barack Obama, Rick Sanchez and Britney Spears, the members of Digital Gangster hacked into the Twitter accounts of Fox News, CBS News and Digg founder Kevin Rose.
- Writer Kim Zetter of Wired Magazine reports that a member of the message forum called Digital Gangster was responsibly for the Obama Twitter hack.
- However, after 1934, gangster films stopped being produced for some time due to an anti-violence production code.Looking to buy crime films with a gangster theme?
- Crime films of the late 1920s to early 1930s were focused on rebellious yet glamorous gangster characters that were driven to succeed by illegal means.