- county in Connacht province, W Ireland: 2,293 sq mi (5,939 sq km)
- its county seat, on an inlet of the Atlantic (Galway Bay)
A city of west-central Ireland on Galway Bay, an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean. Galway was incorporated in the late 1300s and is today an important industrial and tourist center.x
- A county in the Republic of Ireland
- A city in the county of Galway, Ireland.
- A surname.
- The environs of Galway are pleasant, with several handsome residences.
- Galway, who settled in Canada in 1832.
- ARAN ISLANDS, or South Aran, three islands lying across Galway Bay, on the west coast of Ireland, in a south-easterly direction, forming a kind of natural breakwater.
- There is more than one meaning of Galway discussed in the 1911 Encyclopedia.
- Galway, Ireland.'