- bills, vouchers, etc. resembling or used as a substitute for legal currency
- money that is illegal or that is tainted by illegal activity; specif., counterfeit money
- currency, securities, etc. regarded as being of uncertain or decreasing value, as because of inflationary fiscal policy, highly leveraged financing, etc.
funny moneyfunny money
- Currency or money that is counterfeit or worthless, or whose value is otherwise illusory.
- Money from an illegitimate source: funny money discovered in a politician's campaign fund.