- the extreme front
- the position of most activity, importance, etc.
- The definition of forefront is the position that is first or facing you.
An example of forefront is how to describe a person standing in the first place in a line.
- Forefront is defined as the thing that is the most important.
An example of the forefront is a topic that a politician wants to discuss first and in the most detail.
- The foremost part or area.
- The position of most importance, prominence, or responsibility; the vanguard: in the forefront of the liberation movement. Also called foreground .
From fore- + front.
- As a publicist he stood in the forefront of reform.
- He was, therefore, in the forefront of that intellectual revolution in the course of which speculation ceased to move in the realms of the physical 1 and focused itself upon human reason in its application to the practical conduct of life.
- She rose to her tiptoes and kissed him, her own memories of Damian forefront in her mind.
- Lyell again was in the forefront of the progressive movement, and his work on The Antiquity of Man, published in 1863, gave currency for the first time to the new opinions.
- She dropped to her knees, the vision of Logan's faceless body forefront in her thoughts.