Origin of forefingerMiddle English
A forefinger extended.
The definition of the forefinger is the finger nearest to the thumb.
An example of forefinger is the finger used to point at someone.
See index finger.
forefinger - Medical Definition
- The officer on duty was a handsome, elegantly dressed man with a diamond ring on his forefinger.
- You can find anything from a plastic glove with finger brushes on the thumb and forefinger (my personal favorite), to a regular toothbrush, to a toothbrush you can put on your finger.
- The first line of treatment is to gently pinch the nostrils together with the thumb and forefinger, while sitting upright and breathing through the mouth, for five to ten minutes.
- Hold onto the face of the clip with the thumb and forefinger of your non-dominant hand, open the clip, and work the ends of the scarf through with your dominant hand.
- Look in the mirror; grab a few strands of hair firmly between thumb and forefinger, point scissors downward and snip to desired length.