Attire, such as shoes or slippers, for the feet.
(usually uncountable, plural footwears)
foot + -wear
- In addition to standard slippers, the company today also sells footwear under sister brands like Terrasoles and Superga, including innovative 'hybrid' footwear styles, canvas and active fashion footwear, and licensed college sport slippers.
- In 2003, the debut album by G Unit, led by 50 Cent, was so hugely popular that Reebok decided to release a line of sneakers called G Unit. 50 Cent endorsed the shoes and assisted with promotion by wearing G Unit footwear almost constantly.
- The goal of the Naturalizer brand is to bring soft, luxurious, and trend-conscious styles to the modern female consumer--without the binding, blistering, and seemingly podiatric-surgery-inducing pain that is caused by fashionable footwear.
- Shoes had been the family business since 1774, but Konrad Birkenstock took a new spin on his ancestors' business by creating the curved-to-fit Birkenstock shoes sold today.His idea came just in time to rival mass-produced factory footwear.
- Keeping up with a competitive market is difficult; hence, Nike has maintained a high profile by creating specialized shoes for a variety of sports activities and by acquiring big name athletes like Michael Jordon to endorse its footwear.