- Instead, flat-soled shoes or even straw sandal-type footgear (which was cheap and easily replaceable) would be worn, with further cloth wrappings and stockings layered to protect from the cold.
- Beth Cross and Pam Parker, the company founders, started manufacturing Ariat boots to service the niche need for comfortable, high-performance footgear for equestrians.
- As an added bonus, you're wearing the right footgear if you decide to run.
- Scarcely leaving his troops time to restore their worn-out footgear, or for the cavalry to replace their jaded horses from captured Prussian resources, he set Davout in motion towards Warsaw on the 2nd of November, and the remainder of the army followed in successive echelons as rapidly as they could be despatched.
- They beat the tattoo, called the roll, had supper, and settled down round the fires for the night--some repairing their footgear, some smoking pipes, and some stripping themselves naked to steam the lice out of their shirts.