When an appliance is designed with very-simple to use buttons that even a really dumb person can use, this is an example of a time when the appliance is designed to be foolproof.
- Designed so as to be impervious to human incompetence, error, or misuse: a foolproof detonator; a foolproof safety lock.
- Effective; infallible: a foolproof scheme.
(comparative more foolproof, superlative most foolproof)
fool + -proof
- Doing a quick check isn't always foolproof, of course, because it's entirely possible to create invalid Visa numbers that are 16 digits in length and begin with the number four.
- This method is not foolproof, as older, tech-savvy kids may figure out how to unblock these programs, but it is a start for parents who work outside the home and can't be there when youngsters get home from school.
- Following the viewing recommendations that correspond with MPAA ratings can help parents make informed decisions about which films are acceptable for children to watch, but the system certainly isn't foolproof.
- Liquid eyeliners work best when it comes to evening eye makeup, so ditch your daytime pencil and try out all of the fantastic foolproof liquid liners currently available for purchase.
- Made from natural bristles, a MAC eyeshadow brush can make shadow application all the more foolproof, while a roll case serves as the perfect place to store your trusty tools.