- a person who fishes; fisherman
- pl. fish′ers or fish′er
- the largest marten (Martes pennanti), noted for its thick, dark fur
- this fur
- One that fishes, as a person or ship engaged in fishing: “Her son-in-law was a splendid fisher. One day he caught a beautiful big fish” ( James Joyce )
- a. A carnivorous mammal (Martes pennanti) of northern North America, having thick, dark-brown fur. Also called pekan .b. The fur of this animal.
- A person or ship that is engaged in fishing.
fish + -er
fisher - Computer Definition
fisher - Medical Definition
Sir Ronald Aylmer 1890–1962