- a celebration or festival; esp., a periodic religious celebration, as in honor of God or a saint
- a rich and elaborate meal; banquet
- anything that gives pleasure because of its abundance or richness
Origin of feastMiddle English feste from Old French from Vulgar Latin festa from plural of Classical Latin festum, festival from festus, festal, joyful, origin, originally , of days for religious observance: see fair
- to eat a rich, elaborate meal
- to have a special treat
Origin of feastME festen < OFr fester < the n.
- to entertain at a feast or banquet
- to gratify or delight as with a feast: feast your eyes on this!