- plural form of family
- An example of families are mothers, fathers and childen who live in a neighborhood.
- When there are different species of plants that are all grouped together under the same taxonomic category, this is an example of different families of plants.
Families are defined as groups of relatives who live together as a nuclear unit or are combinations of people who can be grouped together.
- We took the car on vacation and our two families had a great time.
- Our families have fought side by side for over fifty years.
- Within are some admirable specimens of encaustic tiles, and several monuments of the Vernon and Manners families; while an ancient runic roodstone stands in the churchyard.
- The enigmatic Tim's request for a favor was readily granted after three generations of both their families working together towards the PMF's goals of national unity.
- When there were two mothers, the two families shared equally in the father's estate until later times when the first family took twothirds.