Origin of expertiseFrench
The definition of expertise is advanced knowledge or skill.
An example of expertise is a master gardener's knowledge of gardening.
Skill or knowledge in a particular area. See Synonyms at skill.
Origin of expertiseFrench expert opinion, expert appraisal from expert experienced ; see expert .
- "Deidre, I'm offering my expertise to assist you," Andre said.
- I don't know that we have the expertise here to repair it at this time.
- I would not recommend quickly chopping vegetables unless you have expertise with a knife.
- I am working on achieving expertise in mathematics so that I can become a teacher.
- When moving to another country, it is important to have expertise in the most common language.