egg cellegg cell
The definition of an egg cell is the female reproductive ovum that a woman produces monthly.
An example of an egg cell is the female's egg that meets with a man's sperm to create a baby.
egg cell - Medical Definition
- 13, a) are developed in the upper region of the megaspore, each consisting of a large egg-cell surmounted by two neck-cells and a canal-cell which is cut off shortly before fertilization.
- A, The egg-cell has divided into two spheres, of which the lower contains more food-material, whilst the upper is again incompletely divided into two smaller spheres.
- During the development of the egg-cell, food material is transferred from these cells through the pitted wall of the ovum.
- Self-fertilization occurs when the pollen of a given flower affects the egg-cell of the same individual flower.
- Polyembryony is generally associated with the development of cells other than the egg-cell.