- either of the two parts of a frame for eyeglasses, that extend over the ears
- a. A part, as of a telephone receiver or hearing aid, that fits in or is held next to the ear.b. An earphone, especially when not part of a pair.
- Either of the two parts of an eyeglasses frame that extend over or around the ear.
- In both cases, the cell phone uses a small microphone, either attached to the earpiece or the speaker, to pick up the driver's side of the conversation.
- The patient wears headphones when air conduction is tested and a vibrating earpiece behind the ear next to the mastoid bone or along the forehead when bone conduction is tested.
- Through the headphones or earpiece pure sounds in both frequency and intensity are transmitted to the patient and the threshold at which the patient can hear for each frequency is established.
- She tapped her earpiece, listened intently, and responded with a few words.
- "Take off your earpiece," Evelyn whispered.