- a listening device consisting of a single small speaker held to the ear by a band over the head
- [usually pl.] a listening device consisting of two such speakers
A small speaker that is worn over or in the ear, often as one of a pair connected by a wire attached to a band running over the head
headphone - Computer Definition
- For example, a store may offer a better set of headphone, a case and a car charger for an additional $20, which would have cost you $50 if you purchased them separately.
- A good computer for gaming needs to have numerous ports including USB, FireWire, headphone, and microphone ports in order to accommodate all of these devices.
- The cap has a connector designed to attach to the headphone jack on your tablet, making it easy to store and transport along with your iPad.
- A much-criticized move on Nintendo's part, the GBA-SP uses a different headphone type than previous Game Boy systems.
- It features a 3.5mm headphone jack, making it much easier to find a headset.