(third-person singular simple present cooks up, present participle cooking up, simple past and past participle cooked up)
- (idiomatic, figuratively) To manufacture; to fabricate; to falsify; to devise an elaborate lie.
- He really cooked up a good one this time, something about an airline disaster.
- (slang) To prepare a heroin dose by heating.
- (slang) To prepare a meal.
- Lemme cook up some eggs and bacon before you go.
- (slang) To manufacture a significant amount of illegal drugs (LSD, meth, etc.)