transitive verb-·ized·, -·iz·ing
transitive verbcol·or·ized, col·or·iz·ing, col·or·iz·es
(third-person singular simple present colorizes, present participle colorizing, simple past and past participle colorized)
- (US) To add color to.
- The child colorized the drawing.
- The woman colorized her hair.
- (US, photography, cinematography) To convert black and white media to color by digital post production (as is often done in digital photography and in video special effects).
- There is a colorized version of Casablanca.
- (to change or lose col): discolor (discolour)
From colour (traditionally spelled color when preceding a Greek suffix) + -ize.