In comfortable circumstances.
Circumstances alter cases.
An example of a circumstance is when you are very poor.
Your arrival was a fortunate circumstance.
A victim of circumstance.
The pomp and circumstance of a coronation.
Pomp and circumstance.
Set out a day early because of favorable circumstances.
Circumstance would have it so.
- In no case; never.
- Given these conditions; such being the case.
- under no conditions; never
- conditions being what they are or were
Other Word Forms
Origin of circumstance
- Middle English from Old French circonstance from Latin circumstantia from circumstāns circumstant- present participle of circumstāre to stand around circum- circum- stāre to stand stā- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Old French circonstance, from Latin circumstantia