(countable and uncountable, plural chicken soups)
- Any soup made with either pieces of chicken or chicken broth as its main ingredient, often thought to cure everyday illnesses such as the common cold.
- He should have guessed that her great-great-grandmother's secret chicken soup recipe was a can from the store.
- (figuratively) A cure for a wide variety of illnesses or other problems.
- Duct tape is the chicken soup of plumbing.
- (figuratively) A mixed-up mush.
- His hand got caught in a meat grinder and turned into chicken soup.