An example of a cheek is the part of your face to which you apply blush.
An example of cheek is talking back to your parents when they ask you to do a chore.
Had the cheek to insult his hosts.
- Side by side; close together.
- Close together; intimately.
- To bear an insult or injury humbly and refrain from retaliating.
Origin of cheek
- Middle English cheke from Old English cēace
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Old English cēace, from Proto-Germanic.