- An example of candidacy is President Obama's run for his second term in the White House.
- An example of candidacy is when a person is scheduled to graduate with a masters degree; the candidacy for the class of 2014.
The definition of candidacy is the state of running for office, for a position or for an honor.
the fact or state of being a candidate
- In his announcement of his candidacy in 1836 he promised to vote for Hugh L.
- No greater impetus than this could have been given to Van Buren's candidacy for the vice-presidency.
- He disclaimed any intention to invade, subjugate or oppress 1 Without Lincoln's knowledge or consent, the managers of his candidacy before the convention bargained for Cameron's votes by promising to Cameron a place in Lincoln's cabinet, should Lincoln be elected.
- McClellan, while accepting his candidacy, repudiated the platform, like a soldier and patriot.
- The forged "Morey letter," in which he was made to appear as opposed to the exclusion of the Chinese, was widely circulated and injured his candidacy in the West.