A businessman on the telephone.
The definition of a businessman is a professional man employed in a white-collar job.
A marketing executive is an example of a businessman.
A man engaged in business. See Usage Note at chairman.
business + -man
- The businessman wanted to be separated from his noisy colleague.
- A man in Bristol, England, a former businessman, is a long-time explorer of paranormal phenomenon.
- An exceptionally astute businessman, John Parker, said he has my name and address.
- He was an astute businessman who easily could turn a profit.
- Catering to celebrities like Cher, Drew Barrymore and Madonna, the artist and the businessman behind the line have brought their dream of quality cosmetics with color variety and creativity to life.