- the act or result of blowing out; specif.,
- the bursting of a tire
- the melting of an electric fuse from too much current
- Slang a party, banquet, or celebration
- Slang an overwhelming victory or, esp. in sports, defeat
A man changing a tire after a blowout.
- An example of a blowout is the tire of a big truck exploding while on the freeway.
- A fuse that gets too much current and melts is an example of a blowout.
- Styling your hair with a blowdryer is an example of a blowout.
The definition of a blowout is when a tire bursts or a fuse melts, or when hair is dried with a hairdryer.
- a. A sudden rupture or bursting, as of an automobile tire.b. The hole made by such a rupture.
- A sudden escape of a confined gas or liquid, as from a well.
- Informal a. A large party or other social affair: “Lunch was a billion-calorie blowout beside the pool” ( Vanity Fair )b. A lopsided victory or thorough defeat.c. A sale in which the discounts are unusually large.
- A treatment, as at a beauty salon, in which the hair is washed, blown dry, and styled without being cut.
- a sudden puncturing of a pneumatic tyre / tire
- a sudden release of oil and gas from a well
- a social function, especially one with large quantities of food
- (slang, sports) A sporting contest that is decidedly one-sided and whose outcome is no longer in doubt. Often occurs when one team is superior to the other.
- The game between the two teams was nothing but a blowout.
- (geology) A sandy depression in a sand dune ecosystem caused by the removal of sediments by wind.
- (Australia) an extreme and unexpected increase in costs, such as in government estimates for a project.
- The cleaning of the flues of a boiler from scale, etc., by a blast of steam.
- There seems to be confusion and sometimes a breakdown in communication between stylists and clients since the term "Brazilian Blowout" has become somewhat of a catch-all description for keratin hair straightening processes.
- The Chicken in Paradise Party is similar to the Bonanza and Blowout parties, except you receive 20 chicken tenders, chips and soft drinks instead of pizza or hot dogs.
- The makers of the Brazilian Blowout claims that hair drying time will be cut in half, frizz will disappear, and your hair will be shinier for three months.
- Moreover, if your hair is naturally frizzy or curly, a good blowout and a flat iron can give you a new strikingly modelesque look for prom.
- Brazilian Blowout solution has been shown in some studies to contain formaldehyde, which is a human carcinogen and commonly an allergen.