Seed, often a mixture of different kinds, that is used for feeding wild or domestic birds.
(usually uncountable, plural birdseeds)
- Seed, usually constituting a mixture from several species of plant, set out as food for birds.
- If you set out birdseed in the winter, cardinals will be encouraged to overwinter.
- Turn the fabric right side out and stuff with batting, beans, birdseed, potpourri, or whatever else you've got on hand.
- Glass slippers filled with birdseed or rice for tossing, or sweet treats such as candied almonds or chocolate kisses.
- To make these forms you'll need a small grain, such as flaxseed, birdseed, or rice and flesh-colored nylons.
- Are there restrictions on common outdoor wedding decorations and items such as topiaries, birdseed, or rice?
- Birdseed throws may be filled into miniature cups and tied with netting to resemble wedding bells.