Origin of Adamafter Robert and James Adam, 18th-c. British architects, its originators
relating to a style of English furniture and architecture characterized by straight lines and ornamental motifs of garlands, medallions, etc.
- a masculine name
- Bible the first man: Gen. 1-5
Origin of AdamClassical Hebrew (language) from adam, a human being
not know someone from Adam
not know someone at all
the old Adam
the supposed human tendency to sin
In the Bible, the first man and the husband of Eve.
Origin of AdamLate Latin Adam, &Amacron;dam from Hebrew 'ādām human being, Adam ℵdm
Relating to or characteristic of the elegant neoclassic style of furniture and architecture originated by Robert and James Adam.
- "I don't know this guy from Adam," he said.
- It is the good Adam contemplating his own virtue.
- "Adam who?" she asked, confused.
- "I don't know you from Adam," she retorted.
- "I don't know this guy from Adam," Gabe said then waited.