- A light cotton dress is an example of a zephyr.
- A light breeze is an example of a zephyr.
- the west wind
- [Z-] Zephyrus
- a gentle breeze
- a fine, soft, lightweight yarn, cloth, or garment
Origin of zephyrMiddle English zeferus from Classical Latin zephyrus from Classical Greek zephyros, the west wind
- The west wind.
- A gentle breeze.
- Any of various soft light fabrics, yarns, or garments, especially a lightweight, checked gingham fabric.
- Something that is airy, insubstantial, or passing.
Origin of zephyrMiddle English Zephirus Zephyrus from Latin Zephyrus from Greek Zephuros
Borrowing from Ancient Greek Î–ÎÏ†Ï…ÏÎ¿Ï‚ (Zephuros) ("westerly wind").
- (Greek mythology) The god of the West Wind.
- (poetic) The west wind personified
From Ancient Greek Î–ÎÏ†Ï…ÏÎ¿Ï‚ (Zephuros)