- The definition of a wobble is an unsteady movement, or a quiver in the voice.
- The unsteady walk that a child has when first learning to walk is an example of a wobble.
- The nervous shaking in a person's voice when he has to give a public speech and doesn't want to is an example of a wobble.
- Wobble is defined as to move or cause to move in an unsteady way, to have your voice quiver, or to be unable to commit to a course of action.
- When a child is learning to ride his bike for the first time and is moving unsteadily forward, this is an example of when the child wobbles.
- When you are nervous and your voice shakes, this is an example of when your voice wobbles.
- When a politician says different things and changes his mind multiple times on an issue, this is an example of when he wobbles.
- to move unsteadily from side to side, as in walking
- to move from side to side as a result of uneven rotation
- to shake or tremble, as jelly does
- to waver in one's opinions, etc.; vacillate
Origin of wobbleprobably ; from Low German wabbeln, to wobble: for Indo-European base see wave
verbwob·bled, wob·bling, wob·bles also wab·bled or wab·bling or wab·bles
- To move or rotate with an uneven or rocking motion or unsteadily from side to side.
- To tremble or quaver: The child's voice wobbled with emotion.
- To waver or vacillate in one's opinions or feelings.
- The act or an instance of wobbling; unsteady motion.
- A tremulous, uncertain tone or sound: a vocal wobble.
Origin of wobbleProbably from Low German wabbeln; see webh- in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present wobbles, present participle wobbling, simple past and past participle wobbled)
- (intransitive) To move with an uneven or rocking motion, or unsteadily to and fro.
- the Earth wobbles slowly on its axis; the jelly wobbled on the plate
- (intransitive) To tremble or quaver.
- The soprano's voice wobbled alarmingly.
- (intransitive) To vacillate in one's opinions.
- I'm wobbling between the Liberals and the Greens.
- To cause to wobble.
- The boy wobbled the girl's bike.