- The definition of a weekday is day that is not part of the weekend.
An example of a weekday is Monday.
- any day of the week except Sunday (or, as in Judaism, Saturday)
- any day not in the weekend
of, for, or on a weekday
Any of the days of the week exclusive of Sunday and Saturday.
- Any day of the week except Sunday and often also Saturday.
- In countries with a six-day workweek (including all countries in the past), the weekdays are the same as the workdays (working days). In countries with a five-day workweek, the term weekday sometimes has the old meaning "all days except Sunday" and sometimes refers to "all days except Saturday and Sunday".