- The definition of waterfront is land or a dock area that is located directly on a body of water such as a river, lake or ocean.
A house directly on the beach of the Atlantic Ocean is an example of a waterfront house.
- Waterfront is a location or part of a city or town that is directly on a body of water.
The beaches and boardwalks on the Atlantic Ocean are an example of the waterfront.
A waterfront house.
waterfront definition by Webster's New World
- land at the edge of a stream, harbor, etc.
- the wharf or dock area of a city
waterfront definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Land abutting a body of water.
- The part of a town or city that abuts water, especially a district of wharves where ships dock.