A watchdog on duty.
- a dog kept to guard property, as by barking
- a person or group that keeps watch in order to prevent waste, unethical practices, etc.
- A dog trained to guard people or property.
- One who serves as a guardian or protector against waste, loss, or illegal practices.
- a guard dog
- a person or organization that monitors and publicizes the behavior of others (individuals, corporations, governments) to discover undesirable activity.
(third-person singular simple present watchdogs, present participle watchdogging, simple past and past participle watchdogged)
- To perform a function analogous to a watchdog.
- To guard and warn.
- dog watch, dogwatch