- a large equatorial constellation between Leo and Libra, including the bright star Spica; the Virgin
- the sixth sign of the zodiac, entered by the sun about August 22
- pl. -·gos· a person born under this signalso Vir·goan
Origin of VirgoMiddle English ; from L, virgin
- A constellation in the region of the celestial equator between Leo and Libra.
- a. The sixth sign of the zodiac in astrology.b. pl. Vir·gos One who is born under this sign. In all senses also called Virgin.
Origin of VirgoMiddle English, from Latin Virgō, from virgō, virgin.
- Someone with a Virgo star sign
From Latin virgÅ (“maiden, virgin").