- a large equatorial constellation between Leo and Libra, including the bright star Spica; the Virgin
- the sixth sign of the zodiac, entered by the sun about August 22
- pl. -·gos· a person born under this signalso Vir·goan
Origin of VirgoMiddle English from L, virgin
- A constellation in the region of the celestial equator between Leo and Libra.
- a. The sixth sign of the zodiac in astrology.b. pl. Vir·gos One who is born under this sign. Also called In all senses also called Virgin .
Origin of VirgoMiddle English from Latin Virgō from virgō virgin
- Someone with a Virgo star sign
From Latin virgÅ (“maiden, virgin").