- Viral describes something caused by a virus.
An example of something viral is the flu.
- The definition of viral is something that has become very popular very quickly on the Internet.
An example of viral is a video that is released and watched by a million people within a few days.
- of, involving, or caused by a virus
- of or characterized by broad, rapid circulation over the Internet: a viral video, rumor, etc.
- accomplished by means of such circulation: a viral marketing campaign
- Of, relating to, or caused by a virus.
- Of or relating to the propagation of information, ideas, or trends by means of social networks rather than conventional mass media: viral marketing.
- (virology) Of or relating to a biological virus.
- viral DNA
- (virology) Caused by a virus.
- viral infection
- (computing) Of the nature of an informatic virus; able to spread copies of itself to other computers.
- (advertising and marketing) Spread by word of mouth, with minimal intervention in order to create buzz and interest.
From the stem of virus and the suffix -al.