- the state of being a vassal
- the homage, loyalty, and service required of a vassal
- dependence, servitude, or subjection
- lands held by a vassal; fief
- a body of vassals
Origin of vassalageOld French ; from Medieval Latin vassallagium
- The condition of being a vassal.
- The service, homage, and fealty required of a vassal.
- A position of subordination or subjection; servitude.
- The land held by a vassal; a fief.
- Vassals, especially those of a particular lord, considered as a group.
(countable and uncountable, plural vassalages)
- The state of being a vassal.
From Old French vassalage (French vasselage), from vassal.