- a person holding land by feudal tenure
- the land held; fief
Origin of feudatoryMedieval Latin feodatorius from feodare, to enfeoff from feodum, feudum: see feud
- of the feudal relationship between vassal and lord
- owing feudal allegiance (to)
- A person holding land by feudal fee; a vassal.
- A feudal fee.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the feudal relationship between vassal and lord.
- Owing feudal homage or allegiance.
Origin of feudatoryMedieval Latin feudatōrius from feudātus past participle of feudāre to enfeoff from feudum fee, fief ; see feud 2.