- a person holding land by feudal tenure
- the land held; fief
Origin of feudatoryMedieval Latin feodatorius ; from feodare, to enfeoff ; from feodum, feudum: see feud
- of the feudal relationship between vassal and lord
- owing feudal allegiance (to)
- A person holding land by feudal fee; a vassal.
- A feudal fee.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the feudal relationship between vassal and lord.
- Owing feudal homage or allegiance.
Origin of feudatoryMedieval Latin feudat&omacron;rius, from feudatus, past participle of feudare, to enfeoff, from feudum, fee, fief; see feud2.