- When it goes from very hot to very cold, this is an example of vagary in the weather.
- When someone suddenly goes from nice and happy to mean and sad, this is an example of a vagary.
Vagary is an odd, unexpected action.
- an odd, eccentric, or unexpected action or bit of conduct
- an odd, whimsical, or freakish idea or notion; oddity; caprice
Origin of vagaryearlier used as a verb , to wander ; from Classical Latin vagari, to wander ; from vagus: see vague
- An unpredictable development or change of circumstances: the vagaries of mountain weather; the vagaries of business travel.
- An extravagant or erratic notion or action: could not explain the vagaries of his behavior.
Origin of vagaryFrom Latin vagar&imacron;, to wander, from vagus, wandering.