- to throw or dislodge from a seat; specif., unhorse
- to remove from office, deprive of rank, etc.
transitive verbun·seat·ed, un·seat·ing, un·seats
- To remove from a seat, especially from a saddle.
- To dislodge from a location or position, especially to remove from office.
(third-person singular simple present unseats, present participle unseating, simple past and past participle unseated)
- To throw from one's seat; to deprive of a seat.
- Specifically, to deprive of the right to sit in a legislative body, as for fraud in election.